Sunday, January 27, 2013

Well I am a big fan of technology, but I get annoyed like most other people when new versions of software just do not work with older hardware.

My current complaint is with Parrot ARDrone 2.0, I received  one as a Christmas gift only to find out that even though they claim support for iPad's and other iDevices they do not mention you have to the latest hardware to get the full functionality. Unfortunately I have an iPad 1 which is not upgradable to the latest IOS and therefore cannot run Version 2.x of the ARDrone software. It is very disappointing to get such a wonderful gift to only use part of the capabilities without dropping a bunch of money on a new iPad.

I have found an interesting piece of software which looks to be very helpful in my desire to start tinkering with robotics in the future. It has a plug-in for the ARDrone 1.0 with support for my ARDrone 2.0 coming...

I hope to have more posts about that.

Randy.

No comments:

Post a Comment